Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What Motivates me to be a Treasure Hunter?



The pursuit of treasure can take many forms, as you see from title on top of my page. When I get tired of one, whether it be moneywalking, sweepstakes, metal detecting, or whatever, I just go on to the next one. I've found that I can get remotivated for treasure hunting by checking what other people are finding at Treasurenet.com. This is mostly a metal detecting site, but they have a little bit of everything. What's motivating about it is that the treasure hunters there post pictures of their finds, and the site is very active. That means that there is a lot of treasure being found on a daily basis. Some of it will blow you away. Either click on any of the pictures in the banner across the top, or go to Today's Finds. Amazing.

I haven't gotten the detector out since a beach trip in August, which was pretty good. One silver toe ring and about 225 coins. I was surprised when a half dollar came up from about 9" down. Not an old one, but still definitely treasure.

Here are a couple of other pieces I was able to score this Summer through sweepstaking. The bracelet was won in a department store giveaway. The minor league baseball championship ring is a replica that was given away in a sweepstakes in the local paper. Can't argue with that bling. The stories behind them are in an article I posted below on August 26, How to Win Local Sweepstakes and Giveaways. I just hadn't gotten the pictures posted.

I'm off to Florida this weekend, not sure what form of treasure hunting I'll be doing there, but I'll let you know in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment