Sunday, May 31, 2009

Weekend Gold and Silver



Found some nice treasure over the weekend. I had ordered a box of half dollars from the bank last week and they turned out pretty good. I found fifteen 40% silvers (1965-1969). That was a nice surprise, the coin roll hunting has been pretty slow of late.

On Sunday, stopped off at a school to wave the metal detector around for a few minutes while on a trip to Lowe's. The wood chips were pretty bleak, 2 dimes and 4 pennies. So I went across the baseball field for a few minutes. We have had so much rain lately, that the conductivity is good, and the digging is easy. I was lucky enough to dig out a nice little 10k ring from 2" deep! Woo-hoo! I knew it was gold as soon as I saw it, and it has a heart-shaped diamond that wouldn't quit sparkling in the sunlight. Unfortunately it is marked CZ after the 10k mark. Oh well, still a keeper and a nice addition to the collection. Aarghh!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, keeps me motivated. Your words "passive income" are still my favorites.

    ReplyDelete