Friday, May 15, 2009

Street Silver



I've always said that treasure is where you find it. And so it is. Yesterday I was passing through a bus stop and saw a chain link caught between the slats of a bench. I managed to pull it up with a pen and was rewarded with a broken silver heart chain bracelet. It's marked .925, which means 92.5% pure silver. Treasure!

I also was searching through a few rolls of half dollars that I picked up at the bank, and was rewarded with a 1993-S proof coin. Nice. The only way that could get there is that someone broke open a Proof set from the US Mint and spent it. I'm sure there's a story there. It hasn't been out in circulation long because its in almost perfect condition. Proofs are special coins that are struck on a polished blank so that the surface is like a mirror, with the head kept in a frosted finish. They are really pretty, but hard to photograph. If you ever find one, you'll know it.

1 comment:

  1. Using BullionVault you can purchase physical precious metals bars at current spot prices.

    Create your free account today and get 4 grams in free silver as a welcome bonus.

    ReplyDelete